1.Worked in a DevOps role with large daily data volumes
2.Hadoop on GCP
5.Python and Linux scripting
6.Teradata or Oracle and SQL
7. Code deployments – Ansible
|TheBI DevOps engineer will provide services, maintenance and upgrades with respect to the LadbrokesCoral BI Retail Data Warehouse, Reporting and Analytical and SSAS platforms.The engineer will be responsible for tasks involving BI systems monitoring and application support, optimisation and continuous improvements, production defect management, incident management.|
The engineer must have knowledge of cloud-hosted virtual platforms and a strong background in HDFS, Linux and GCP Systems.Primary Responsibilities:
- BI Systems and Application support
- Maintenance and support of the LadbrokesCoral Retail BI Reporting and Data Analytics Warehouse and reporting systems
- Ensure adequate Monitoring and Alerting is in place for all BI systems.
- Monitoring of all data pipelines and flows of data from source systems, to the data warehouse, reporting/analytical layers and Tabular models
- Keeping BI environments secure and optimum
- Managing system patches/upgrades and software releases
- Manage stakeholder access requests
- Continuous Improvements and environment optimization
- Follow incident management process
- Incident Management
- Record, track and update accepted Incidents within GVC service management system
- Communication, interaction and escalation with internal and external stakeholders, companies and other service providers to deliver effective Incident closure
- Deliver effective and consistent communication to the Exec team, key stakeholders, external and third party teams.
- Daily load monitoring and resolving issues to enable on-time availability of data, reports and dashboards.
- Monitor and acknowledge production alerts.
- Manage and deploy releases.
- Follow release management process
- Share continuous updates with the business users on incident progress
- Provide root cause Analysis (RCA) for high priority incidents
- Weekly service review report with summary of SLAs
- Familiarity with Web Technologies and online gaming products
- Should be a team player
|Qualifications and Educational Requirements|
|Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s Degree or equivalent combination of education|
|Specialist Skills and Experience Required|
- The candidate should have 4 – 7 years of experience with Data Warehousing Systems involving various Databases, ETL and BI tools, in particular Hadoop HDFS and Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- The candidate should be highly proficient in Software Releases using tools like Jenkins and Ansible, Source Code Administration, System upgrades and a good understanding of ETL development and administration.
- The candidate should have good Administrative and Connectivity experience with the following databases – Teradata, Oracle, MySQL and SQL Server.
- Hands-On Administrating, Supporting, Upgrading Hadoop (HDFS) systems using tools likeYarn (Hadoop Resource Management).
- Highly skilled in Apache Airflow including DAG creation, dependency management and orchestration.
- Hands on experience with Distributed Open Source Query Engines like Hive, Presto, Impala and Spark.
- A good understanding of Linux Operating Systems and administrative roles.
- Extensive scripting knowledge using Bash and Python.
- Hands on experience of Networking, Security, LDAP and other administrative functions within a multi-tier, high availability cloud (GCP) andon premise (Linux & Windows) enterprise environments.
- Demonstrable experience of ETL technologies likeODI, Informatica, Apache Airflow and SSAS.
- Demonstrable experience of SQL & PLSQL.
- Working with big data sets and master data management (MDS).
- High attention to detail and appreciates the importance of data integrity.
- Experience of being a highly motivated self-starter.
- Working in an Agile Environment.
- A good understanding of BI Reporting, Modelling and Analytics using technologies like SSAS Tabular Modelling and PowerBI would be advantageous.
- Salary Offer 8 LPA - 16 LPA INR 8 LPA - 16 LPA Month
- Experience 4 - 7 years
- Qualification Graduation